I saw the title of today’s exercise and was excited. For Day 18 you are to Develop a Self Care Plan. Well, this exercise aligned nicely with the steps I am taking in my life. Today I restarted for the umpteenth time my fitness regimen. But this time I am smarter about the whole thing. I know I am a sluggabed and will not get up when the alarm goes off to go running, so I joined a gym. This is no ordinary place, with treadmills, free weights and machines where you can idly do your work out. No sir, this is a place for high intensity. Results will be had. I found H.I.T Fitness Warehouse on Living Social (yes, one of those coupon sites and no, I’m not being paid) and for $50 I can take as many classes as my widening arse can get through without passing out. My goal is to lose 10 pounds but more importantly to lose inches off my waist, hip and thigh areas. So that takes care of one item on my self care list, actually it’s two because fitness also comprises eating well balanced meals. Here’s an idea of some of the stuff I’ll be doing:
- Wake up a decent hour (I’m working on being up at 7am).
- Drink my lemon water (I’m including this as it’s relevant for 3 more weeks).
- Spend time doing devotion reading and prayng.
- Eat a healthy/balanced breakfast (maybe while doing devotion).
- Drink at LEAST 8 glasses (64 oz) of water daily.
- Exercise for 60 minutes 6 days a week (Mon-Sat).
- Do yoga or stretching on Sunday (30 mins).
- Keep Monday meatless (add another day down the line).
- Reduce ice cream (& other sweets) to once a week.
- East at least once piece of fruit, a handful of nuts and a 1/2 cup no fat greek yogurt a day.
- Budget for and get a monthly massage (yes, it’s a luxury but one I need).
- Get to bed so you can have 8 hours of sleep and be up with the early.
Reflect: This exercise was not too difficult for me, because as I stated before it was already on my brain. I think I may be leaving a lot out when it comes to self care. The good point is that I completed this exercise with a minimum of fuss and I know somethings are coalescing in my brain that will clear after a nights sleep.