In 2012 which doing a 31 Day Reset through Happy Black Woman, I made a bucketlist. Upon review of said bucket list I realized it was slightly vague in some areas. I also realize that there were no time tables on some of these items. Timetables are helpful for actual accomplishment so I’ve revised the list, making it a little bit more fun and added a timetable for accomplishment. I will have the start date reflect when I began with the original list & include some of the things I’ve already done (nothing like seeing things crossed off to make for a happy day).
40 Feats in 40 Months
01. Return to School In Progress>
Move to Europe Completed
03. Touch a glacier Attempted 2014
04. Swim with sea creatures, dolphins/sharks (I don’t like open water & depths I can’t touch)
05. Learn to swim or rather overcome my fear of the deep
06. Learn to ride a bike (there is a story behind this deficiency)
07. Start working out again including weight lifting In Progress
08. Run a 10K (~6.2 mi) Completed April 2013
09. Run a half marathon (~21.1km / ~13.11mi)
10. Run a marathon (~42.19km / ~26.22mi)
11. Run a triathlon (hence the need for swimming & biking)
12. Ride a camel with a Bedouin
13. Become fluent in Spanish In Progress>
14. Learn a 3rd language (possibilities French, Italian, Hebrew, Arabic)T
15. See the northern lights Attempted 201 the weather didn’t cooperate4
16. See the southern lights
17. Rock climb (I’m not fond of heights)
18. Skydive (hello heights again)
19. Watch Star Trek The Original Series (TOS) Completed Also watched all the other series.
20. Watch all Star Trek: TOS Movies I: The Motion Picture, II: The Wrath of Khan, III: The Search for Spock, IV: The Voyage Home, V: The Final Frontier, VI: The Undiscovered Country Completed Spring 2013
21. Visit Iceland (for the glaciers, thermal springs & sheer awesomeness)Completed
22. Visit New Zealand (for LOTR locations, adventure vacation & sheer fabulousness-I know this isn’t a word)
23. Visit Egypt to see Sphinx, Pyramids & to sail the Nile
24. Fall in love again (Uhm yeah, did that in 2014 & am still recovering)
25. Find a mentor (or 3)
26. Become a mentor
28. Learn to and/or become comfortable with ballroom dance (waltz, tango, rumba, salsa)
29. Learn (relearn) to drive a stick shift.
30. Learn to play guitar (abandoned when I worked & went to school & had no time for extras).
31. Start & continue a Yoga practice (I continually stop & start)
40. *Visit 6 of 7 continents (I’m thinking about changing this to ALL & I’m listing them as Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Europe, North America, South America, Oceania as there is some dispute the numbers). In Progress
Yes, I know I am missing a few. I am still thinking about them, I will add them as I figure it out.